Getting plants in lockdown
Updated: May 2, 2020
Getting hold of plants and soil during the current lockdown has become very challenging at the moment. Our normal plant centres and nurseries are all temporarily closed to the public so being able to get your usual garden essentials has become increasingly difficult. However there are still ways to get hold of plants.
1) Nicola Hobbs - Ford House, Grundisburgh. Nicola has a good selection of plants for sale from her house. You will find a variety of plants here and best of all the money raised is all for a great charity to send a cow to Africa.
2) Williams Stores - Williams Stores, Grundisburgh. This fantastic shop that stocks nearly everything. It has some plants for sale plus compost and gardening tools, Cains, fertiliser, seeds and much more. Plus it supports a great family run business that has served the community for years.
3) Katies Garden Centre - Katies Garden Centre, Newbourne. Although the centre is closed to the public Katies Garden Centre are still delivering plants and gardening products. You can order online or over the phone. They very kindly delivered plants to the community for free to brighten up our days with St Mary's Church Grundisburgh. Visit https://www.katiesgarden.co.uk to find out more.
4) Suffolk Plant Centre - Suffolk Plant Centre, Pettistree. Another fantastic local nursery that will deliver plants and compost to your door. They have a wide selection of plants and orders can be placed online or via the phone. Visit https://suffolkplantcentre.co.uk to find. out more
5) Notcutts Garden Centre, Woodbridge is open for home deliveries – please email email@example.com along with your ‘shopping list’ and your phone number. They will then call you back to confirm your order and take delivery/payment details. Minimum spend is £50, and there is a delivery charge of £4.99
Seeds can be ordered via their website (https://www.notcutts.co.uk/) for delivery to home, or as part of the above order criteria